New Carpet Smell Elimination
In the beginning, a new carpet brings with it a whole new and fresh look to a setting. That newness also brings in a particular smell of something clean and unsoiled. However, a lot of people don’t enjoy that new carpet smell. Getting rid of fresh carpet smell can be so challenging and will eventually fade in time. In the meanwhile, there are more than a few ways to help speed that method along. Here’s how you can reduce it as much as possible.
How to do Odour Removal DIY
- • Baking soda
- • Vinegar
- • Spray bottle
- • Fan
- • House plants
- • Onion or apple
- Sprinkle baking soda throughout the carpet and let it sit for two or three hours. In case the carpet is in a room that can be closed off for a short time, leave it overnight. Finally, vacuum it all up and go over again if the irritating aroma persists.
- Mix a solution of equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle, and then spray on the entire carpet. Allow it to dry and you can also repeat the process if required.
- Open up the windows and then place a fan inside the room to circulate the air all through the new carpet. If this room can be closed off, do so to prevent the smell from spreading to the remaining of the house.
- Place plants in the location with the troublesome carpet. As a matter of fact, plants aid in freshening the air. Keep the windows open to facilitate fresh air circulate.
- Close off the room preferably and cut up one whole apple or onion and place it in a bowl of water. Allow the bowl to sit in the middle of the room overnight – this will indeed assist in absorbing odours lingering in the air.
For Help Phone The Professionals
Steam ‘n’ Dry Auckland Carpet Cleaners Over three decades located in:
Auckland Central 09 3767007
North Shore 09 489 7784
West Auckland 09 8374545
East Auckland 09 520 0062
South Auckland 09 262 0720
Hibiscus Coast 09 426 5008
- • Truck Mount Carpet Cleaners • Tile & Grout Cleaners • Pest Control
- • Mould Removal • Persian Rug Cleaning • Repair Carpet Layers
- • Disinfecting Cleaners • Couch Cleaners • Inside Car Upholstery Cleaning
- • Bed Mattress Cleaning • Stain Removal • Dust Mites Control
- • Bed Bug Control • Carpet Repairs • Wet Carpet Drying
- • Pet Odour Removal • Flea Control