Loop Pile and Cut Pile Carpet Care
Loop pile carpets are made up of individual strands of yarn pulled through the carpet backing twice creating a small loop. Loops can either be all the same height (level loop pile), or two to three different heights (multi-level or modulated loop pile) that creates a pattern. Carpets with low-level loop pile are best suited to high-traffic areas and are comparatively easy to maintain. The multi-level loop gives a more textured appearance and is becoming increasingly popular.
Loop pile tends to give a more casual look and is less susceptible to footprint marks and shading (the appearance of irregular light and dark areas) than cut-pile carpets.
Popular loop styles include
- Berber carpets, which have thick yarns tufted into chunky loop tufts. Usually in earthy tones with a ‘flecked’ appearance – excellent for hiding stains.
- Sisal-style/cord carpets have tighter loops than Berbers, creating a stiffer feel. The loop lines can be either all the same height or alternating heights. These carpets are suitable for high-traffic areas.
Cut Pile Carpet
In cut pile carpets, loops are cut at the top, leaving tufts of yarn standing straight up. Cut pile has a more luxurious, formal look compared to the loop pile.
Popular cut styles include:
- Velvet/ Plush carpets, which are smooth, soft and elegant. These loops are cut several times, creating a velvety sheen. However, this also shows every footprint so is best used in formal areas.
- Saxony carpets are similar to velvet, but not quite as smooth.
- Twist carpets have tightly twisted fibres that curl slightly at the pile surface. They hide footprints and vacuum marks, making them suitable for high-traffic areas.
Combination Cut and Loop Pile
These carpets have a combination of cut and looped yarns and can create sculptured effects such as squares, swirls and so on.
This effect is good for hiding dirt and footprints.
10 Reasons Why You Should Choose Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry
1. Largest Auckland Carpet Cleaning Company. Sixteen cleaners in West Auckland, East, South Auckland North Shore, Hibiscus Coast.
2. Best Equipment, Powerful Truckmount Carpet Cleaning: We use a petrol-powered truck mount machine that is so powerful and effective.
3. Deep Clean: Our carpet and upholstery cleaning methods clean deep into the pile and fabric, not just buffing the surface.
4. Kills Allergens and Bacteria: Our high-powered steam extraction process kills germs, bacteria, and dust mites, removing them from your home.
5. Good Value Cheap Pricing: No hidden costs, no sales gimmicks, and no hard sell. All prices are quoted up-front, and we do not differentiate between a “normal” or “special” cleaning process.
6. Fast Drying: Because we use high-powered state-of-the-art machines, we immediately extract 95% of the moisture from your carpets, leaving them bone dry within a couple of hours.
7. Local and National Award Winners: we’ve also been voted best on online review sites
8. Reviews: As part of our awards applications, all the reviews for our work and are independently check and verified.
9. Expert Stain Removal. If your carpet has been damaged by stains you’ve been told cannot be removed (such as bleach), we’re often able to re-colour the stain, leaving absolutely no trace behind.
10. Odour Removal. Our cleaners kill and removes many odour causing contaminated found in carpet and upholstery
For help phone the professionals at Steam ‘n’ Dry Auckland Carpet Cleaners Over three decades located in West Auckland, East, South Auckland North Shore, Hibiscus Coast.
Auckland Central 09 3767007
North Shore 09 489 7784
West Auckland 09 8374545
East Auckland 09 520 0062
South Auckland 09 262 0720
Hibiscus Coast 09 426 5008