Carpet Cleaning Tips
Regardless if an attractive carpet brings about any perceptible change to the beauty of a home is a legitimate question because previously, only the rich, affluent and the privileged had a carpet in their homes. Today, much water has flown down the rivers and carpet is now perceived as a necessity. A beautiful and attractive carpet may keep your home neat, safe and warm. But, once you have it at your home, how to clean the carpet becomes a big question. Unclean carpet can affect the health of your family members. Some people just feel that they can do regular maintenance of their carpet on their own. Here are a few carpet cleaning tips you can follow to make your carpet look fresh, clean and in top shape.
Auckland Carpet Cleaning Tips
- There are particular things you need for maintaining your carpet on your own. You need a vacuum cleaner and you should have cleaning clothes, solutions, etc. for cleaning the carpet. The best carpet maintenance method is to vacuum your carpet at least once in three days. Whenever spills and stains occur, you should attend to them immediately so that they do not become stubborn.
- Cleaning solutions need to be used properly. Make sure not to over-saturate spots on the carpet with this solution because over-saturation may spoil the carpet. You should preferably use cleaning towels as cleaning cloths. Use little solution, check if you achieved the desired results and re-apply if necessary. It is true that your aim is to remove the stains but it does not mean that you need to rub the stains. Instead, you should use the cleaning towels for blotting the solution gently. Some people may have a shop vac with them and they can use it for removing the unwanted materials from the carpet before they begin the cleaning procedure.
Auckland Carpet Cleaning Tips
- Vinegar is a good stain remover on the carpet and therefore, you can mix a sufficient quantity of vinegar with water. This solution can be ideally used for the DIY carpet cleaning process. With the help of a cleaning towel or a sponge, you should gently spread this mixture on your carpet. You should ensure that the spreading is even. There is no need to worry about the odor of the vinegar because it will go away in a couple of days. If you feel that there is a stubborn odor, you can sprinkle baking soda all over the carpet once the carpet gets dry. After the baking soda settles down, you can use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of everything.
- To be able to remove more persistent stains, you can make use of peroxide or some other good bleaching agents. Bleaching agents should be used carefully in moderate quantities because if used wrongly, they may spoil your carpet. You should dilute these bleaching agents sufficiently before using them. You should test these bleaching agents on a small area before using them full-fledged.
- Steam cleaning is definitely among the best carpet cleaning options. But, you need not to use this procedure frequently. Using them once in six months is best.