Carpet Cleaning Methods
Before having carpeting cleaned, actually, it may be helpful to understand some carpet cleaning methods. Specifically, for cleaning a particular carpet is dependent on a range of factors. All carpet cleaning methods offer various advantages, but some have limitations. As a matter of fact, Auckland Carpets Steam & Dry offer truck mount carpet cleaning. As well as portable apartment steam cleaning and dry cleaning.
No single carpet cleaning methods are superior to all others. Properly performed under appropriate conditions, each method can provide satisfactory results. Often, several methods are combined to achieve the desired results. See Auckland Carpets Steam & Dry no cowboys carpet cleaning reviews
Carpet and rugs found on the floors of residences and commercial buildings still represent a substantial investment. In light of this, is it not wise to maintain them correctly? In fact 31 years in the carpet industry, Auckland Carpets Steam & Dry are recognized as one of the best providers of various carpet services. Known to provide the highest quality work possible. With competitive quoting & reliable service from start to finish all throughout
Auckland Carpets Steam & Dry Carpet Care
Like all textile materials, the beauty and life of a carpet depend largely on the care it is given. Proper maintenance can add years of attractive life. Specific maintenance procedures for carpet is determined by where the carpet is installed. Above all, proper maintenance involves regular vacuuming and periodic cleaning by methods such as:
- hot water extraction
- bonnet cleaning
- foam cleaning, etc.
Regular vacuuming is essential as it removes particulate soil that damages the fibers. It maintains the surface appearance of a carpet and keeps the level of soil in the pile at an acceptable level. This removes only particulate soil and surface dirt. Therefore, other methods of cleaning are periodically required to improve the appearance of the carpet. Wet cleaning methods are better for removing oils, greases and other forms of matter that cause soiling on the carpet. In short, these methods are mostly used by professional cleaners and trained personnel.
Hot Water Extraction or “Steam” Cleaning
In this method, the hot water cleaning solution is sprayed on the carpet and immediately extracted immediately by a wet vacuum. Extraction equipment can be either portable or truck-mounted. Specifically the latter being more powerful in terms of spray pressure. In particular heating capabilities and power of the vacuum pumps. Hot water extraction is often referred to as “steam” cleaning. In other words, this is a misnomer as the temperature of the heated solution never reaches the point to generate steam.
In this process, the cleaning solution is showered onto the carpet through several openings in a circular brush. The rotary action of the brush whips the detergent into a foam. Indeed provides agitation or rubbing action on the carpet. As a result, suspends the soil and the wet/dry vacuuming that follows to remove it.
This method resembles the shampooing process described above. It employs a rotary floor machine on the bottom of which is attached around the absorbent pad. The detergent is sprayed directly on the carpet. As the machine is operated, the shag pad rotates on the carpet. This removes the soil as it is absorbed on the shag pad. When one side of the pad becomes soiled, therefore the pad is reversed until both sides are soiled. Thus at which time it is replaced.
This system uses detergent in the form of a foam. Machines are available which generate foam. Agitated on the carpet by brushes. The foam is then removed with trapped soil by an extraction-vacuum pickup.
Dry (Absorbent Compound) Cleaning
An absorbent dry compound is sprinkled on the carpet and worked into the pile by a machine. It is vacuumed off after about half an hour. At any rate, removing the soil suspended by the compound.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD CARPETS BE CLEANED?
As explained earlier, vacuuming alone although essential cannot maintain the appearance of a carpet at an acceptable level for long. Depending on various factors, the appearance of any carpet will ultimately reach an unacceptable level. Specifically, at that stage, cleaning becomes necessary by one of the methods mentioned above. The frequency of such cleaning will depend on a carpet’s use conditions namely:
- soil conditions
- fiber type
- constructional specifications
- also color, etc.
In general, residential carpet requires cleaning within one to one and one-half years. Certainly before two years of use (and possible abuse).
When deciding to have a carpet cleaner, consumers have two basic choices:
1) clean the carpet themselves by D-I-Y (do it yourself) rental units or consumer products or
2) at least have the carpet cleaned by a professional/specialist in cleaning and restoration.
Selecting the Right Carpet Cleaner
Having established that professional carpet cleaning is essential for extending a carpet or rug’s attractive life. The next question is how does one go about choosing the right person or firm to do the job?
There is no magical, single method for carpet cleaning. All methods have advantages as well as disadvantages. Moreover, different people can achieve different results while cleaning the same carpet with identical equipment. No method can compensate for an inept operator. Therefore, it is more important to select the right cleaner than the right cleaning method.
There are a few guidelines to follow that can help you make the correct choice.
1. Affiliation with Professional Organizations
Carpet cleaning methods is an ever-changing field. Each year new cleaning systems, cleaning chemicals, and extra services are introduced. Good professional cleaners keep abreast of such changes and constantly improve the services they offer. Together using good carpet cleaning methods.
Affiliation with professional trade associations goes a long way.
Ask the cleaner for the names of previous customers. Auckland Carpets Steam & Dry have a list of carpet cleaning reviews links:
Best Auckland Pest Control Reviews
Auckland Steam n Dry is proud to boost our Excellent Carpet Cleaning Reviews.
Gauge how reluctant or eager they are in granting your request. Call the references and find out about their cleaning experience. Ask about the cleaner’s appearance, their manner of presentation. The condition of their equipment and their ability to answer questions. Otherwise, find out if the overall cleaning experience was pleasant and if they would go back to the same firm.
3. Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
Certainly, check with the local CAB to find out if any complaints are registered against the firm you are considering. If yes, how good and efficient was the firm’s response to the complaint? Did they remedy the problem to the consumer’s satisfaction?
4. Watch Out for the Low End
Due to misleading advertising and glib sales tactics leave cleaners who offer quality service at a disadvantage. Advertisements promising carpet cleaning at unbelievably low prices (like $5.95 a room; or two rooms for $10.95) are prevalent these days. If you think they are too good to be true, you are probably correct.
In truth, quality service requires investments and takes time. It is not possible to offer a good service at ridiculously low prices. Do not fall victim to low pricing or bait and switch tactics.
5. You can Contribute to the Success of a Cleaning Job
Cleaning chemicals and procedures can be altered to fit the specific needs of the carpet being cleaned. Describe the use and conditions of the carpet. Likewise all previous home and professional cleanings to your professional cleaner. For example, if the carpet has been shampooed several times before, it is reasonable to expect the presence of some detergent residue. With this information, your cleaner may change the cleaning solution to compensate for this.
If your carpet has stains, point them out to the cleaning crew. Tell them how long the stains have been there and what may have caused them. Some spots and stains, such as those from bleaches, urine, mildew may be impossible to remove even by the most proficient cleaner. Knowing about them will prevent disappointments resulting from unrealistic expectations.
Auckland Carpets Steam & Dry recommend that you follow these simple suggestions:
1. Circulate the air to speed up drying time. If possible, slightly open a window to let in fresh air.
2. Do not allow children or pets to crawl or walk on the cleaned carpet for at least 24 hours. Preferably longer until the carpet is thoroughly dry.
3. Do not walk on the freshly cleaned carpet for at least 4 hours or more until dry to touch.
4. Do not remove aluminum or plastic piece placed under legs of furniture until the carpet is absolutely dry.
5. Vacuum after the carpets is dry and then vacuum on a regular basis.
Protect Your Investment
Carpet, rugs, upholstery, and draperies are probably among your most important possessions. Chances are a great deal of money was spent acquiring them. Protect your investment and take the time to find the right cleaner expert such as Auckland Carpets Steam & Dry You will be surprised at the number of problems that can develop from a poor lack of nocowboys reviews carpet cleaning job. Even though choosing the right cleaner won’t guarantee the complete absence of problems, it will greatly reduce the chances. Selecting a good carpet cleaning methods will ensure the highest level of satisfaction.
Do It Yourself Carpet Cleaning Methods
Uses hot water extraction (“steam”) cleaning are the most popular for residential use. Successful cleaning by these machines is largely dependent on the experience of the operator. Improper use can leave the carpet overly wet. Causing possible backing decontamination like:
- odor from the development of mold-mildew-fungi.
- browning, color run, shrinkage.
- other related problems.
This can happen especially in areas of repeated, high volume use, or “traffic lanes”. Call Auckland Carpets Steam & Dry. One or two passes of the cleaning and may not be sufficient to enhance the appearance of such areas. Attempts to clean them over and over again can cause over wetting and its attendant problems.
The obvious conclusion is that DIY methods is not a substitute for professional cleaning like Auckland Carpets Steam & Dry . In fact, It can at best, merely postpone the need or reduce the frequency of professional carpet cleaning methods.
Carpet Cleaning Methods
- If the spot is a wet, blot. Please do not rub. on one hand, rubbing will spread the soil.
- If the spot is dry, loosen soil and vacuum away prior to moistening it.
- Always rinse the cleaned area thoroughly. If not removed, cleaning products may cause the cleaned area to attract soil.
- When taking out stains, always use a white cloth.
- Clean spots and stains immediately. You will have a much better chance of removing them.
- When using any cleaner, Auckland Carpets Steam & Dry dilute according to direction. A mixture that is too potent may cause damage.
- Not every stain can be removed. Consult your Carpet Cleaning professional for cleaning options.
- Always test surfaces prior to cleaning. Apply the cleaning solution to an inconspicuous area of the same material. After five minutes, the material’s color transfers to a towel. Then try another product.
- Carpet shampoo is good to have on hand and is available at most hardware stores.
- A mild mineral spirit solution is useful for many household cleaning applications.
- For wax dropped on carpet or upholstery, set a clean, absorbent cloth over the wax stain. After that hold a hot iron on it. Lift the cloth away and the wax should remove with the cloth.
- Auckland Carpets Steam & Dry Carpet Cleaning do all major carpet cleaning and recommend truck mount carpet cleaning in Auckland
Carpet Cleaning Methods & Stains Tips
- Scrape off any solids. Blot up liquids quickly, dabbing lightly with a clean white towel or paper towel.
- To remove greasy stains, apply a nonflammable dry-cleaning agent to the spot with a white towel. Work from the edges toward the center. However, don’t scrub. Dab gently until the spot comes clean. Always pretest any cleaning agent on an inconspicuous part of the carpet and let it dry before continuing.
- Coatless stubborn greasy stains with aerosol shaving cream or carbonated water. Use a hair dryer to speed dry. Then vacuum.
- Sprinkle a greasy stain with baking soda, cornstarch, cornmeal, or talcum powder. Leave on at least 6 hours, then vacuum.
- To remove water-soluble stains, apply some detergent solution working from the edges to the center of the stain. Place several layers of white tissue or paper towels over the spot. Weight down with books or pots and pans. Furthermore, let stand for about one hour. Replace with fresh tissues or towels and leave overnight. Then fluff up the carpet pile with your fingers.