The ordinary hustle and bustle of everyday life can take its toll on your carpet. The following carpet care tips will help you maintain your carpet’s appearance as well as lengthening its life.
Carpet Care Between Cleanings
- Vacuum heavy traffic areas 2-3 times a week. The rest of your carpet once a week.
- Use indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance to reduce the amount of dirt tracked into your home. Be sure to clean these periodically to ensure their utmost effectiveness.
- Keep a bottle of Professional Spot Remover on hand so you can treat spots and spills immediately. Preventing today’s accidents from becoming tomorrow’s stains.
10 Tips in Carpet Care
- Surely vacuum heavy traffic areas 2-3 times a week. In addition, rest of your carpet once in a week.
- Use both indoor as well as outdoor mats at each entrance. For this to reduce the amount of dirt tracked into your home.
- In a pinch, make your own spot remover by mixing 1/4-teaspoon liquid detergent (without bleach) and 1 cup cold water.
- Over time, the protection on stain-resistant carpet wears down. For optimum performance, have a protector regularly applied after cleaning.
- Stain-resistant does not mean stain-proof. Be sure to still react immediately to prevent spots and spills from causing permanent damage.
- Before using any spot removing product, test for colorfastness in an inconspicuous area.
- Test area rugs for colorfastness before placing over carpet since some rugs may tend to bleed.
- Vacuum under area rugs periodically to remove any loose dirt that may have filtered through the rugs into your carpet.
- To avoid color transfer between furniture and flooring after a professional cleaning, leave the protective blocks in place until the carpet is completely dry (about two days).
Your furniture collects everyday dirt and soil just like your carpet does. For convenience, have both professionally cleaned at the same time.